How do I calculate and display in British Pounds and/or Euros?

  1. #1
    Staeger
    Guest

    How do I calculate and display in British Pounds and/or Euros?

    We have recently taken our business to Europe. One of the spreadsheets we use
    is a Job Profitability Plan that tracks the value of the contract as it
    relates to number of hours worked on the project. The number of hours
    rolls-up into a dollar value for stateside work. We need to replicate the
    spreadsheet and have it calculate Pounds Sterling for the U.K. and euros for
    the rest of Europe.

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor
    If you just want to make the number appear as Euros or GBPs, you can just use cell format, Currency and Symbol.

    If you are taking exisiting Data, and need to convert it into those currencies, you would need to work out a formula for the exchange rates.
    Google is your best friend!

  3. #3
    Bernard Liengme
    Guest

    Re: How do I calculate and display in British Pounds and/or Euros?

    Not clear what you mean by 'calculate'. If the values are computed first in
    US dollars and you want to convert then you will need to now today's
    exchange rate. Find this on Internet.

    Otherwise, if all values are in pounds, just do the math the normal way (but
    you must raise you pinkie when typing!)

    To display just pick a format with £ or ? from Excel's Currency format
    dialog (at least in XL 2003).

    In many European countries one writes 10,50? rather than ?10.50 (symbol is
    post rather than pre, and decimal symbol is comma not period)
    best wishes
    --
    Bernard V Liengme
    www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Staeger
    Guest

    Re: How do I calculate and display in British Pounds and/or Euros?

    This was helpful...thank you.

  5. #5
    Staeger