Compare and copy unique values

  1. #1
    Forum Contributor

    Compare and copy unique values

    I have few different excel files and they all have list of part numbers in column A. Each list has thousands of rows. These lists in different files may have common parts among them (and a given part numbers could be in more than 2 lists) as well as unique parts. I would like to somehow (either through macro or some function) compare all the lists and copy all part numbers once in another separate excel file. Does anyone have any idea how to approach this or does someone have a function/macro that can do this?

    Thank you very much to this community in advance.
    Jay

  2. #2
    Marcelo
    Guest

    RE: Compare and copy unique values

    Hi Jay,

    one way to do it is by Pivot table, you can copy all information in one new
    worksheet, and use a pivot table to get all part numbers not considering
    duplicates

    hope this help,
    regards from Brazil going to the 6th
    Marcelo