sorting data

  1. #1

    sorting data

    hi,

    I have a long list of names and addresses. which I want to sort into a simple list.

    currently the list has the following format;

    (these denote the column labels)
    Address1 Address2 Post code Name 1 Name 2 Name 3

    where Name 1 is the name of the first person at the location, name 2 a second person etc.

    I want to compile this into a list

    so that the list has the follwing format instead;

    Name 1 Address1 Address2 Post code
    Name 2 Address1 Address2 Post code
    Name 3 Address1 Address2 Post code

    ie each individual has its own complete record in a simplified list.

    I'm after a VBA procedure which will do all the above.

    thanks for your help.

  2. #2
    Marcelo
    Guest

    RE: sorting data

    Hi Armagan,

    try to sse the tips on this site, maybe it could help you

    regards from Brazil - going to the 6th world cup
    Marcelo

    http://www.cpearson.com/excel/sortws.htm
    http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel...#sortallsheets