Removing a subtotal from an insert item in a pivot table

  1. #1
    dianeha
    Guest

    Removing a subtotal from an insert item in a pivot table

    I want to insert in a new item from the list on a pivot table that currently
    has subtotals in it. Every time I drag and drop the field name in it
    automatically subtotals the new item. I do not want the subtotal in the
    newly inserted field item. How can I remove the subtotal and keep the pivot
    table intact?

  2. #2

    Re: Removing a subtotal from an insert item in a pivot table

    If you double click on the field's "button", can you say None to the subtotal
    optionbutton.

  3. #3

    Question does not work

    In Xcel 2003, dbl clicking on the "field button" simply brings up a panel to choose the function to apply to the data, e.g. sum, Max, avg, etc.

    This is the 2nd post which aludes to clicking in a field list to turn off subtotaling.

    Is it a real feature of Pivot Tbls? If so, how to activate?