Another Tally question...

  1. #1

    Another Tally question...

    I have data in cells C4:C27
    The data is equivilant to Dollars and cents
    I have the budget amount at the bottom of my worksheet as $5,000
    As I input data into the C column, it updates the bottom # by subtracting from it.
    Example: $50 in C updates total to -$4950

    My question - I am currently using this formula =SUM(C4:C27)-5000 and I would like for my $5000 to be a positive number instead of -$5000. Then when I go over that amount it will turn into a negative number. Can anyone help?

    I should be able to figure this out, but I have brain fry today.

    Thanks,
    T.

  2. #2
    Sorry for the double post... my system was not responding... I didnt think it went through.

    T.

  3. #3
    JLatham
    Guest

    Re: Another Tally question...

    Haven't seen your other post, hopefully people replied there with something
    like,

    Just turn the arguments around and write it as:
    =5000-SUM(C4:C27)