Need a triggered formula.

  1. #1

    Need a triggered formula.

    Hey i am pretty novice in teh whole figuring out formulas i know my basics but it does not go past that.

    what i need is a formula that will change the formula of a column of cells based on a number in a different cells. i am trying to create a purchase order and if the customer orders more than 10 items the cost of teh item changes. i really need help with this. please comment if you need more information.
    Thanks
    Chad

  2. #2
    Don Guillett
    Guest

    Re: Need a triggered formula.

    =if(a2>10,10.00,5.00)

    --
    Don Guillett
    SalesAid Software
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3

    thanks don

    thanks alot for the super fast reply, hate to ask but i have one more question in regardes to that formula. if the customer orders 30 or more parts it changes it again.
    please let me know
    Chad

  4. #4
    Don Guillett
    Guest

    Re: Need a triggered formula.

    perhaps you can help yourself by looking in the help index for IF

    =if(a2>30,20.00,if(a2>10,10.00,5.00))

    --
    Don Guillett
    SalesAid Software
    [email protected]
    "chadontheboat" <[email protected]>
    news:[email protected]...

  5. #5
    Michael M
    Guest

    Re: Need a triggered formula.

    Hi Chad
    Not being able to acces your thread, I can't see your exact needs, but:
    =IF(A2>30,10,IF(A2>10,20,5))
    So, if A2 is greater than 30 it gives 10.
    If A2 is greater than 10 it gives 20
    If less than 10 it gives 5

    Does that help

    Regards