data validation-when i clicked on circle invalidation entries

  1. #1

    data validation-when i clicked on circle invalidation entries

    hi members,

    i used data validation on my data consists of more than 6000 rows when i clicked on circle invalidation entries there was message(your worksheet contains more than 255 invalid cells.only the first 255 cell will be marked) how can i increase that limit of 255 cells.

  2. #2
    JLatham
    Guest

    re: data validation-when i clicked on circle invalidation entries

    I doubt that you can change this. I searched around and cannot find a
    reference to the limit. But 255 is a typical 8-bit counter limit and I
    suspect that they are keeping count with an 8-bit counter.