How much data can Excel hold.

  1. #1

    Exclamation How much data can Excel hold.

    I there I'm making a big document and I would like to know the capabilities of one woorkbook because my latest is getting a bit big 45Mb and it's far from having a third of the data i want in it.
    Recently it stoped leting me insert sheets with more than 1Mb, but i copy and paste the data several times and it's solved.
    My pc has Office 2003, Windows Xp, 1Gb DDRII 533Mhz, Pentium D 2.66Ghz Dual Core.
    This document has macros and is password protected.

    After this information i would like to know:

    How big can a woorkbook be?
    What are the minimum requirements to open the biggest one?
    How many sheets can one workbook have?
    Is there any limit on hiperlinks and links?

    Hope to hear from you soon.

  2. #2
    Jim Cone
    Guest

    Re: How much data can Excel hold.

    I'd say you are in danger of, one morning, having the workbook refuse to open.
    You should spend some time reading and reviewing the information at
    Charles Williams website... http://www.decisionmodels.com/index.htm
    I doubt if anyone could contribute more, on the subject, than what is available there.
    --
    Jim Cone
    San Francisco, USA