SUMIF Function

  1. #1
    Johnny
    Guest

    SUMIF Function

    I'm trying to reference a cell for the criteria value but have been only able
    to enter an actual value. For example I would like to use the following:

    =SUMIF($J:$J,<A1,K:K)

    where A1 is cell I'm trying to reference which happens to be a date value.
    I've trying using paranthesis but it doesn't work. It only works for me when
    I type in the actual value. The cell value changes frequently and I'm trying
    to find a way to avoid have to change the value in the formula each time that
    happens. Any help would be appreciated.

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor
    Try: