Closed Thread
Results 1 to 6 of 6

[SOLVED] Loan Amortization Schedule Template from Business Financial Plng.

  1. #1
    SJT
    Guest

    [SOLVED] Loan Amortization Schedule Template from Business Financial Plng.

    I downloaded the loan amortization schedule from the help function in Excel.
    The template uses a condition in its IF formulas that requires a number of
    cells be populated in order for the formula to run through its calculation.
    An example is =IF(Values_Entered,A316+1,"") where cells d5-d7 and d9 had to
    be populated or the cell is left blank. Was wondering how that is set up
    where the IF formula looks to those cells to verify that there is data.
    Also, "Values_Entered" does not appear in the drop box for the range names.
    Thanks in advance for your assistance.

  2. #2
    Fred Smith
    Guest

    Re: Loan Amortization Schedule Template from Business Financial Plng.

    Their process seems reasonable to me.

    What is your question?

    Fred

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    SJT
    Guest

    Re: Loan Amortization Schedule Template from Business Financial Pl

    I agree. Seems completely reasonable. I was just wondering how they set up
    the condition that the cells I indicated must be populated in order for the
    IF formula to make a calculation. In another words, in the formula
    =IF(Values_Entered,A316+1,"") how do they set the "values_entered" condition?
    Let me know if this isn't clear. Normally, I would just set the condition
    to say something like =if(and(a>0,b>0,c>0,a1+b1,""). Their way seems easier
    just not sure how they did it. Thanks for your response.

  4. #4
    Forum Contributor
    Look in Insert > Name > Define

    =IF(Loan_Amount*Interest_Rate*Loan_Years*Loan_Start>0,1,0)
    Google is your best friend!

  5. #5
    SJT
    Guest

    Re: Loan Amortization Schedule Template from Business Financial Pl

    Thank you very much.

  6. #6

    SJT wrote:
    > I agree. Seems completely reasonable. I was just wondering how they set up
    > the condition that the cells I indicated must be populated in order for the
    > IF formula to make a calculation.

    Yes, I thought your question was stated clearly the first time.

    > In another words, in the formula
    > =IF(Values_Entered,A316+1,"") how do they set the "values_entered" condition?
    > Let me know if this isn't clear. Normally, I would just set the condition
    > to say something like =if(and(a>0,b>0,c>0,a1+b1,""). Their way seems easier
    > just not sure how they did it.

    You said that Values_Entered did not appear in a drop-down list of
    ranges. But did you look at Insert > Names > Define?

    I have not looked at the template you refer to, but when I looked at
    one such template some time ago, I believe that is where I found some
    magic variable names and their association.

    As for how to do that yourself, click on Insert > Names > Define, enter
    the formula in the Refers To field as you would in a cell (you probably
    want absolute cell references), enter a name in the Names field, then
    click on Add.

Closed Thread