finding duplicate addresses

  1. #1

    Unhappy finding duplicate addresses

    Hi to all,
    I'm an Excel Virgin, well, Ok, I've went a little ways, but not all the way and I'm desperate.

    I have about 18,000 entries on a mailing list. I've sorted by last name to find duplicate addresses (combined two lists) and it's tedious beyond belief.

    Is there a way to take just the "address" column and search for duplicates without going through them one by one?

    Please?
    Help?
    Quick?

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Dave
    Guest

    Re: finding duplicate addresses

    Diamonds

    Check out this link Chip Pearson's site. It should help you.

    http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm

    Dave

    "diamonds" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...