Linked values not updating

  1. #1
    James
    Guest

    Linked values not updating

    I have workbook that has quite a few links to values on other sheets within
    the workbooks. For some reason the values aren't updating until I select the
    cell with the link, select the formula and press enter to recalculate, it
    then updates the linked value.

    In the Caluclation tab in the Options menu, Automatic calculation has been
    selected. Even when manual calculation is selected and I press F9 the values
    don't update.

    Any ideas?

    Thanks, James.

  2. #2
    Franz Verga
    Guest

    Re: Linked values not updating

    Nel post news:[email protected]
    *James* ha scritto:

    > I have workbook that has quite a few links to values on other sheets
    > within the workbooks. For some reason the values aren't updating
    > until I select the cell with the link, select the formula and press
    > enter to recalculate, it then updates the linked value.
    >
    > In the Caluclation tab in the Options menu, Automatic calculation has
    > been selected. Even when manual calculation is selected and I press
    > F9 the values don't update.
    >
    > Any ideas?
    >
    > Thanks, James.

    Hi James,

    Do you have macros on this workbook?

    Maybe a macro set

    Application.ScreenUpdating = False

    without reverting it to True.

    --
    Hope I helped you.

    Thanks in advance for your feedback.

    Ciao

    Franz Verga from Italy

  3. #3
    Denmark
    Quote Originally Posted by Franz Verga
    *James* ha scritto:

    > I have workbook that has quite a few links to values on other sheets
    > within the workbooks. For some reason the values aren't updating
    > until I select the cell with the link, select the formula and press
    > enter to recalculate, it then updates the linked value.
    >
    > In the Caluclation tab in the Options menu, Automatic calculation has
    > been selected. Even when manual calculation is selected and I press
    > F9 the values don't update.
    >
    > Any ideas?
    >
    > Thanks, James.

    Hi James,
    Do you have macros on this workbook?
    Maybe a macro set
    Application.ScreenUpdating = False
    without reverting it to True.

    --
    Hope I helped you.
    Thanks in advance for your feedback.
    Ciao
    Franz Verga from Italy
    Hello

    I have the same problem - but I don't use macros. Everything is done in standard Excel commands inside the cells, like IF, VLOOKUP, assorted math functions and stuff like that.
    I have some circular calculations needed to approximate a value, and it calculates fine - until I reach something like 50 lines with a calculation on each line. When I add more lines and calculations, Excel seems to "run dry". No calculations are done anywhere, and if I copy & paste a formula somewhere, it will copy & paste & show the result of the "original" cell - not the new one.
    So if I copy =a1+b1 from cell c1 to c2, cell c2 will contain =a2+b2, but show the result from c1.

    All suggestions and backpats are welcome.
    Sincerely
    Bo "Flatbeard" Miller

  4. #4
    James
    Guest

    Re: Linked values not updating

    Yes there are macros in the workbook.

    However, none contain the string you described.

    Anyone else got any other suggestions?

    On a side note, if I move the sheet into a new workbook the values update
    themselves.