Conditional formatting

  1. #1
    Jet
    Guest

    Conditional formatting

    I need to set conditional formatting where A1 is formatted to bold if B1 =
    "Open",
    same for A2 if B2 = "Open", A3 if B3 = "Open" and so on.

    Is there a way I can do this formatting all at once as oposed to formatting
    each "A" cell individually

  2. #2
    Select all the cells that need conditional formatting.

    Select Conditional Formatting

    Formula is: =$a1="open"

  3. #3
    Vincnet.
    Guest

    RE: Conditional formatting

    Hi!
    There is one: select your range in the column A, go in the Conditional
    formatting box, choose 'Formula Is' (and not 'Cell Value Is' as per default),
    fill in with =B1="Open" (if active cell is A1) and use the format you want
    to...
    Does it work?
    --
    A+

    V.

  4. #4
    Jet
    Guest

    RE: Conditional formatting

    It worked like a charm, thank you very much, and greetings from Montreal
    Canada!

    Jet