Vlookup fuction: How would I do this?

  1. #1

    Vlookup fuction: How would I do this?

    Dear helper.

    How would I do this?

    I have 2 tables.

    Table 1,
    Service Type A Service Type B Service Type C
    boxtype |zoneA|zoneB|zoneC |zoneA|zoneB|zoneC |zoneA|zoneB|zoneC
    A 10 20 30 15 25 35 20 30 70

    Table 2,

    Province | Zone
    ABC A
    ABD B
    ABE A
    ABF C

    Now my report is.

    I can get the boxtype, Service Type, Province.

    Example

    if I get,
    A (boxsize) | Service Type (B) | ABF (province - zone C)

    if all the criteria are match, then show the numbers (70)

    How do I create functions for this, pleae help.

    Thx,

  2. #2
    Toppers
    Guest

    re: Vlookup fuction: How would I do this?

    =INDEX($A$3:$J$5,MATCH(D10,$A$3:$A$5,0),(MATCH(C10,{"A","B","C"},0)-1)*3+1+MATCH(B10,{"A","B","C"},0))

    In the example above:

    $A$3:$J$5=your data table i.e A 10 20 30 15
    25 35 etc

    B10= Code for zone i.e. A,B,C
    C10= Code for Service Type i.e. A, B or C
    D10=Box type e.g A

    Formula assumes 3 zones per Service Type

    In your example, I believe result should be 35 not 70.

    HTH

  3. #3
    Thank you for your help topper. I believe I am getting close.

    I still dont get the correct output, also, can you explain me the *3+1+match

    I believe *3 is the 3 zone for each service type or I may be wrong.

    Please help.
    I attached the jpg file in this reply
    Attached Images Attached Images

  4. #4
    Dear Topper,

    I think I get it now. Thankx for your help.

    I have attached the jpeg file on the formula.

    instead of +1, I replaced it with -2. Then, the result was perfect.

    Without your help, this will never happen to me.

    Thx a lot,
    Attached Images Attached Images

  5. #5
    Toppers
    Guest

    re: Vlookup fuction: How would I do this?

    Nav,
    Glad it's done the trick and thank you for the feedback.