Help with SUMPRODUCT?

  1. #1

    Help with SUMPRODUCT?

    Hi All,

    I have to say I'm pulling what little hair I have out over my SUMPRODUCT formula.

    Can anyone advise what I am doing wrong with the formula below? Basically I am trying to Sum column AA based on two conditions in Col H and Col S.

    When I enter the formula i get the #NUM! error?

    =SUMPRODUCT(--(Sheet1!H:H="LN"),--(Sheet1!S:S="Garry"),Sheet1!AA:AA)

    Thanks everyone.
    Garry

  2. #2

    Re: Help with SUMPRODUCT?

    You can't use the whole column for this kind of formula.

    Pick a row that is big enough and use that:

    =SUMPRODUCT(--(Sheet1!H1:H9999="LN"),--(Sheet1!S1:S9999="Garry"),
    Sheet1!AA1:AA9999)

  3. #3
    Hi Dave,

    Thanks for the help! I have fixed up the cell ranges as suggested and I now get 0 as the result (Not as bad as #NUM!). I have made sure that the cell ranges are correct and that the conditions that I am checking against actually exist in Sheet1 but to no avail.

    I will do some more testing and report back.

    Thanks mate
    Garry

  4. #4

    Derrr!

    Hi Dave,

    User error I'm afraid, cell references were wrong, I was looking at Col A, not Col AA.

    Very happy that I know how to use SUMPRODUCT though!

    Thanks again
    Garry

  5. #5
    Ragdyer
    Guest

    Re: Help with SUMPRODUCT?

    See if perhaps this might help you understand it even more:

    HTH,

    RD

    news:[email protected]...