Printing Specific data from Excel worksheet

  1. #1

    Printing Specific data from Excel worksheet

    Hello All,

    I have data in running form, something like this:

    Sl. No. Date InvoiceNo. Item Pcs Price Value
    1 29-Aug 001 Spanner 1 11.00 11.00
    2. 29 Aug 001 Hammer 2 10.00 20.00

    etc.

    etc.

    Now from this, Can we have a way of printing all the info of one invoice number, say 001 in anoter sheet which has a different format ? Pls help.

    Thanks,
    Ajit

  2. #2
    Sheila D
    Guest

    RE: Printing Specific data from Excel worksheet

    I think this is probably a VBA task in Excel - have you considered using
    Access? Harder to set you but you can do the sort of thing you want much more
    efficiently

    Sheila
    www.c-i-m-s.com

  3. #3
    Dont have much exp with VBA, i manage with basic excel functions. Moreover, have all my data in excel, wonder if access can use excel data and get the job done ?

  4. #4
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: Printing Specific data from Excel worksheet

    Why not filter on 001 and copy to the other sheet
    Try this

    Activate AutoFilter:
    Select a cell in your data table and use Data>Filter>AutoFilter to activate AutoFilter.
    Tip: Shortcut for the English version is Alt d f f

    In each header cell a dropdown will appear next to your field name.
    Click on the dropdown in the Invoice field and choose 001

    Copy the filter result
    1) Be sure that the active cell is in the data range
    2) Press Ctrl * to select all data or use F5>Special>Current region>OK
    3) Press Alt ; to select all visible data or use F5>Special>Visible cells only>OK
    4) Ctrl c or Edit>Copy
    5) Insert>Worksheet or go to a existing sheet
    6) Ctrl v or Edit>Paste
    7) Select the sheet with the filter
    8) Press Esc
    9) Press Alt d f f or Data>Filter>AutoFilter to turn off AutoFilter

    --
    Regards Ron de Bruin
    http://www.rondebruin.nl

    news:[email protected]...

  5. #5
    Suupppeerrrrbbb Ron ! Thanks !

    I chked after activating the filter function, I could print it easily. But, there are some columns that i dont want to be shown on the print copy.Do i hide treh column? But, doing it everytime would be error prone wudn't it ? Coz my staff would be doing it and their computer skills arent too great, neither are mine !

    And also, thre print copy has to have teh sum of teh total value, i.e. the sum of all the items bought by the customer. Anything else taht we can do abt that ?

    Thanks,
    Ajit

  6. #6
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: Printing Specific data from Excel worksheet

    > But, there are some columns that i dont want to be shown on the print
    > copy.Do i hide treh column?

    Can you use vba code in the workbook
    You can create a button then that do the filter, hide the column and print
    Bed time for me now so I reply tomorrow

    > And also, thre print copy has to have teh sum of teh total value, i.e.
    > the sum of all the items bought by the customer. Anything else taht we
    > can do abt that ?

    See the Excel Subtotal worksheet function
    =SUBTOTAL(9,E1:E200)

  7. #7
    Sheila D
    Guest

    Re: Printing Specific data from Excel worksheet

    Hi there

    Yes you can import Excel data into Access - however, if you have not used
    Access then you need to understand how it works before you consioder switching
    Sheila
    www.c-i-m-s.com