pasting into visable cells only

  1. #1
    C D R R
    Guest

    pasting into visable cells only

    I am trying to past data from one excel workbook into another. The worksheet
    that I am trying to past into uses auto filter to select just the data that I
    need. When I try to paste excel pastes into all the hidden cells between
    those that are shown. Is is possible to past only into those that are on show.

    Thanks for any help that you can give.

  2. #2
    Marcelo
    Guest

    RE: pasting into visable cells only

    Hi CDRR,

    select the filtered range, press F5 click on Special and check visible cells
    only,
    copy and paste as you need

    hth
    regards from Brazil
    Marcelo

  3. #3
    Valued Forum Contributor
    Canada, Quebec
    HI CDDR

    I have not try this but I would do a search on these term

    SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible)

    Good luck

  4. #4

    Re: pasting into visable cells only

    Excel doesn't have anything that lets you do this built into it.

    But maybe you could sort your data, then paste into that contiguous range.

    Then resort and reapply the filter???