protection issues . . . HELP!

  1. #1
    Wayne Knazek
    Guest

    protection issues . . . HELP!

    Maybe I don't quite understand the concept of "protection"???

    What I did . . .

    I unlocked all cells in the entire workbook, a sheet at a time. (Highlighed
    total sheet, right clicked. Format/cell/protect/unchecked "locked")

    Then I went to 2 sheets and selected the cells I do not want anyone editing.
    Using the same steps, I "locked" the cells.

    I went into 'Tools'. Selected "protect Workbook". Entered my desired PW.
    I deselected almost all of the options. I especially don't want rows or
    columns inserted!

    Saved my worksheet. Closed it. Closed Excel.

    Opened it back up. I'm still able to do anything to the cells. Including
    deleting the formulae or all c ontents of the cells. I was not asked for a
    pass word, etc.

    I can also still insert rows and columns.

    HELP!

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor
    Try protecting each worksheet
    Google is your best friend!

  3. #3
    Wayne Knazek
    Guest

    RE: protection issues . . . HELP!

    Part 2 . . .

    When I protect the worksheet, the cells containing hyperlinks no longer link.

  4. #4
    Wayne Knazek
    Guest

    RE: protection issues . . . HELP!