NEED HELP in Writing a FORMULA in colum D

  1. #1
    Soth
    Guest

    NEED HELP in Writing a FORMULA in colum D

    Hi

    I need help in writing a formula in column D. I'd like to look up the city
    and rate in column A & B; if the city matches to column C, then get the rate
    or fill in the correct rate in column D. For example, the city of Agoura
    Hills matches in column (C), therefore, the rate should be 8.25% in column (D)

    Thanks
    Soth

    A(City) B (rate) C(City) D(Fill
    in rate)

    Acampo 7.750% Agoura Hills ( What is the formula here to
    Acton 8.250% Thousand Oaks show 8.25% for Agoura Hills)
    Adelaida 7.250% ALAMEDA
    Agoura 8.250% BREA
    Agoura Hills* 8.250% BRISBANE
    Agua Caliente 7.750% BURBANK
    Al Tahoe 7.250% CAMPBELL
    Alameda* 8.750% CARLSBAD

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor
    Assuming your data is in A and B:

    =VLOOKUP(C1,A:B,2)

    Understand that
    1) you need to formula column D to be in percentage format
    and
    2) the *s in Agoura Hills and Alameda will cause you problems
    Google is your best friend!

  3. #3
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: NEED HELP in Writing a FORMULA in colum D

    =VLOOKUP($C2,$A$2:$B$20,2,FALSE)

    Bob Phillips

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Marcelo
    Guest

    RE: NEED HELP in Writing a FORMULA in colum D

    hi,

    =vlookup(c2,a2,b1000,2,0)

    hth
    regards from Brazil
    Marcelo

  5. #5
    Soth
    Guest

    Re: NEED HELP in Writing a FORMULA in colum D

    You all the best ! Thank you