Protect IF statement AND allow data entry

  1. #1

    Protect IF statement AND allow data entry

    Is there any way to setup a cell to allow data to be entered while not deleting a formula or conditional statement?

    I have a series of cells that are added and if it reaches 300, I want it to automatically populate the cell with the number 300...otherwise, the user can enter the number themselves without destroying the statement for use again the following week.

    Also, can I use a conditional statement to move an entire row of data? If a sum of numbers reaches 300 in the middle of my spreadsheet, can I have it automatically copy the values to the bottom of my sheet or better yet, another page and then clear the row for use again?

    Thanks for any help you can provide.

  2. #2
    Kevin M
    Guest

    RE: Protect IF statement AND allow data entry

    Stilton,
    You can't populate a cell with either data or a formula.

    As for the second request you could generate a macro based on the count of
    another formula. However, generating a macro for this would leave you no way
    to go back. You cannot 'undo' anything after a macro has run. As far as the
    macro itself I'm not too strong in VB.. Perhaps Bob P or Harlan G could help
    more.

    Kevin M