Convert numbers (numerals) to words (text)

  1. #1

    Convert numbers (numerals) to words (text)

    Could anyone recommend a pre-built macro or other tool that converts a number into english words, allowing for precision to three decimal places?

    I'd like the result to be:

    987.654 converts to "nine hundred eighty-seven and six hundred fifty-four thousandths"

    Thanks for any help!

  2. #2
    Niek Otten
    Guest

    Re: Convert numbers (numerals) to words (text)

    http://xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0004.html

    Niek Otten

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3

    insufficient answer

    Niek, I've been to all the links on the page you linked to, and none of them work. The french one comes close, but will only do hundreths, not thousandths, so that 5.663 converts to "five and sixty-six hundredths" instead of "five and sixty hundred sixty-three thousandths."

    Thanks for being the first to reply, though!

  4. #4
    Niek Otten
    Guest

    Re: Convert numbers (numerals) to words (text)

    I didn't read your question carefully enough, turns out now.
    I'm not aware of any utility that spells fractions beyond "cents".
    Sorry!

    --
    Kind regards,

    Niek Otten