Its always the simple ones....Basic Circular Reference Problem.

  1. #1
    Dave Lomax
    Guest

    Its always the simple ones....Basic Circular Reference Problem.

    I have the simplest problem to solve and its giving me the biggest headaches.

    I have a column of product prices (say: column B) and I wish to add 10% or a
    fixed value of 0.1 to each cell in the column. I want to store the results in
    the same cell that the initial number was sourced from and that the formula
    runs in.

    e.g. Cell B3 value 6.34
    I put a formula in cell B3 : =b3+0.1
    I want the final value of 6.44 to be stored in cell B3...

    Is what I am trying to do possible or (as I suspect) will I need to involve
    more cells/columns?

    Many Thanks in advance for the advice,

    Dave

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor
    Try entering 0.1 in another cell, temporarily, Copy it, then select the range in Column B and go to Edit|Paste Special and select Add. Click Ok.

    Now you can delete that 0.1 from the temp cell.

  3. #3
    Stefi
    Guest

    RE: Its always the simple ones....Basic Circular Reference Problem.

    Enter 0.1 in an empty cell, press Ctrl+C (Copy)
    Select range you want to increase
    Edit/Pastespecial, check Add option/OK

    Regards,
    Stefi

    „Dave Lomax” ezt *rta:

  4. #4
    Ardus Petus
    Guest

    Re: Its always the simple ones....Basic Circular Reference Problem.

    Enter in an empty cell :
    1.10
    Select that cell
    Edit>Copy

    Select column B
    Edit>Paste special
    Check Multiply
    Click OK

    AP

    "Dave Lomax" <Dave [email protected]> a crit dans le message
    de news: [email protected]...

  5. #5
    Marcelo
    Guest

    RE: Its always the simple ones....Basic Circular Reference Problem.

    Hi Dave,

    put .10 in one cell copy it and paste special for the range on the B column
    adding, or, put 1.1 copy special mult. if you need 10% growth.

    hth
    regards from Brazil
    Marcelo

  6. #6
    Bruno Campanini
    Guest

    Re: Its always the simple ones....Basic Circular Reference Problem.

    "Dave Lomax" <Dave [email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    >I have the simplest problem to solve and its giving me the biggest
    >headaches.
    >
    > I have a column of product prices (say: column B) and I wish to add 10% or
    > fixed value of 0.1 to each cell in the column. I want to store the results
    > in
    > the same cell that the initial number was sourced from and that the
    > formula
    > runs in.
    >
    > e.g. Cell B3 value 6.34
    > I put a formula in cell B3 : =b3+0.1
    > I want the final value of 6.44 to be stored in cell B3...

    You can do that only in a VBA macro:

    [B3]=[B3]+0.1

    Bruno