How can i have a drop-down menue in a cell of an Excel preadsheet

  1. #1
    Reza Rassoulli
    Guest

    How can i have a drop-down menue in a cell of an Excel preadsheet

    I am trying to have a choice of different options in some cells of a
    spreadsheet and need to know how to creat them.

    appreciate your help.

    Reza

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor
    Canada
    MS-Off Ver
    2003, 2007
    Data -> Validation...

    Change the "Allow" to "List", make sure the In-cell dropdown is checked, and supply the list of values in the "Source" area. (Can be a typed list, a list somewhere in the spreadsheet, etc)

  3. #3
    bpeltzer
    Guest

    RE: How can i have a drop-down menue in a cell of an Excel preadsheet

    Click in the cell(s) where the drop-down should appear and select Data >
    Validation. You'll probably select a 'List' and either type the values
    (separated by commas) or indicate a range of cells where each cell contains
    one valid selection.
    You'll also have options to select what action to take if an invalid value
    is entered (stop, show a warning, ...)

  4. #4
    Ragdyer
    Guest

    Re: How can i have a drop-down menue in a cell of an Excel preadsheet

    Go to Debra Dalgleish's web site and scroll down to the D's.

    Check out the pages on "Data Validation", for all you'll need to know about
    this subject:

    http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

    --
    HTH,