Please Help A Newbie - Running Totals

  1. #1

    Please Help A Newbie - Running Totals

    I am trying to make a running total in a workbook that I have been working on. I am pretty new to excel, but I have read around and cannot find an answer.

    I will have a really hard time explaining this in this forum, so I have made a small test book along with pasted comments trying to explain my problem. I would really appreciate it if someone would be willing to let me email them this small workbook and then get back to me with any solution they find.

    Anyone that is interested please reply to this post or email me. I don't think this will be very difficult for an excel vetern. Thanks again for your help.

    Jake

  2. #2
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Please Help A Newbie - Running Totals

    Jake

    Have a look through these returns from a google search on "running total"

    http://snipurl.com/su9r

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

  3. #3
    Roger Govier
    Guest

    Re: Please Help A Newbie - Running Totals

    Hi Gord

    How do you capture this range of responses to a single URL?

    --
    Regards

    Roger Govier

  4. #4
    Ragdyer
    Guest

    Re: Please Help A Newbie - Running Totals

    I can tell you how I do it, and would be interested in learning if Gord does
    it the same way.

    http://tinyurl.com/m89jf

    Right click on "Sorted by Relevance", right at the top of the page, just
    over the "Sponsored Links" column.
    And click on "Properties".

    RD

    news:%[email protected]...

  5. #5
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Please Help A Newbie - Running Totals

    Roger

    Not sure what you're asking but..............

    I use Ron de Bruin's Google Search Add-in to find a dated range of postings in
    Excel news groups that meet a criterion.

    In this case I entered "running total" and go search.

    I got a great whack of hits(1680 over two years to date)

    Copied the URL in the address bar using right-click and "copy".

    Opened up my SnipURL shortcut and got a shortcut to the site with all the hits.

    If I wanted to direct OP to just one of those hits, I would have opened that hit
    and then snipped and posted the single hit URL.

    SnipURL website........... http://snipurl.com/

    Gord

  6. #6
    Roger Govier
    Guest

    Re: Please Help A Newbie - Running Totals

    Hi Gord and RD

    Gord

    Thank you for introducing me to www.snipurl.com
    Previously I had used http://makeashorterlink.com but this site seems
    much better.

    I had never thought of using the link from the whole Google search
    before, I have only ever gone down a level to a particular thread, then
    made a link from that.
    Again, thank you for alerting me to this wider use.

    RD
    Many thanks also for your response and pointing me to www.tinyurl.com
    Again this is a much better site than the one I had previously used.

    I will try out both sites and see which one I find suits me best

    --
    Regards

    Roger Govier