If statements

  1. #1

    If statements

    Hello,

    I am trying to rank some of our competitors using their financial ratios using 16 criteria to come to a total ranking for them. How do I write a IF statement to give each one a ranking of one point for meeting this criteria. I have already worked out the Ratios on another sheet. For example

    There current ratio must be at least 1 to 1 to get a point, if it is less that 1 warn me it does not meet my criteria.

    Then there are a few where they get one point for every half a percent they are above the criteria.

    A sample of some criteria

    Net profit margin must exceed 5% to get a point

    Total debt to total asset must be less than 150% or (1.5)

    Earnings Yield must exceed 8% and for every half a % over 8% they get one point

    Hope this helps, and thanks for you help
    Kind Regards
    Last edited by redlion; 07-06-2006 at 10:55 PM.

  2. #2
    nastech
    Guest

    RE: If statements

    probably rough idea..?? basics? notice +IF
    (know how to test if parenthesis in right place? figured out can use line
    returns, as below to help line things up, and click on message under cell
    (while in cell), IF true, IF false, go from front to back, parenthesis /
    hilite should stop where you want them to....

    =IF(X1="","",IF(AND(a1="text",b1=1,c1<=2.5,c1<="2.5"),(X1+1)
    +IF(X1>5,X1*1.5),""))