Referencing Cell Info to call a File

  1. #1

    Unhappy Referencing Cell Info to call a File

    I would like to use a cell value in a formula to identify a workbook name.
    e.g. ='[File_Info!B2]1 - General Statistics'!$C$21

    File_Info :- is a worksheet in the same workbook
    B2 :- is the cell in the worksheet that holds the filename (OtherFile.XLS)
    1 - General Statistics :- is the worksheet in OtherFile.XLS
    $C$21 :- is the cell in OtherFile.XLS I would like to call

    At the moment it is just looking for a file called "File_Info!B2", how can I get it to call the information from worksheet and cell "File_Info!B2" and then use the called information as the filename??

  2. #2
    bj
    Guest

    RE: Referencing Cell Info to call a File

    Check out the indirect() function in help

  3. #3

    Please Help - It Looks Simple

    I can't get it to work. What I am trying to do is - Change the workbook name I am refering to by calling the filename from a cell. Can I put INDIRECT inside the [ ] of a workbook identifier?

    ='[K20060707.XLS]1 - General Statistics'!$C$12 - This Works

    How do I change the formula so that the workbook information - "K20060707.XLS" is called from a cell on another worksheet.