Quick text to graphic converstion in excel

  1. #1
    CIOPMO
    Guest

    Quick text to graphic converstion in excel

    Is it possible to take the text from a cell and turn it into a graphic?
    ie: go = green circle
    slow = yellow circle
    stop = red circle
    no info = white circle

    I know you can manually replace the text, but I want to eliminate the
    possibility for human error.

  2. #2
    Forum Expert mrice's Avatar
    Surrey, England
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2013
    Posts
    4,967

    Response

    Have a look at the download workbook on my homepage which has a macro for creating graphics of this nature.
    Martin

  3. #3
    Forum Contributor

    picture

    try inserting this vba code into your editor

    you will first need to create a image using the control tollbar and right click the image and set properties chnage name to green (or whatever) and the scroll down till you see picture and asign it a picture and test

    green.Visible = False
    If ActiveCell = "go" Then
    green.Visible = True

  4. #4
    CIOPMO
    Guest

    Re: Quick text to graphic converstion in excel

    I haven't used a lot of these before - can you give me more step by step
    instructions?