O/T I know this may get me shot..........

  1. #1

    O/T I know this may get me shot..........

    I know this may get me shot, but does anyone know of a forum as good as this for Access, as this is really what I work in, but do dribs and drabs in excel too.

    Again I know I'm being cheeky, but being this place is such a wealth of information, I thought I'd ask!!

    Cheers,

    Graeme

  2. #2
    Bondi
    Guest

    Re: O/T I know this may get me shot..........

    gsmcellular skrev:

    > I know this may get me shot, but does anyone know of a forum as good as
    > this for Access, as this is really what I work in, but do dribs and
    > drabs in excel too.
    >
    > Again I know I'm being cheeky, but being this place is such a wealth of
    > information, I thought I'd ask!!
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Graeme
    >

    > --
    > gsmcellular
    > gsmcellular's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36184
    > View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=559599

    Hi Graeme,

    There is the:

    microsoft.public.access

    newsgroup that you might find helpful.

    There is tons of others.. You could do a search in Groups and just
    write Access

    Regards,
    Bondi

  3. #3
    Toppers
    Guest

    RE: O/T I know this may get me shot..........

    Look at the Office Discussion Groups==>Access Database which has equivalent
    NGs to the Excel ones.

    http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...&lang=en&cr=US

    HTH

  4. #4
    Don Guillett
    Guest

    Re: O/T I know this may get me shot..........

    Bang!

    --
    Don Guillett
    SalesAid Software
    news:[email protected]...

  5. #5
    Nick Hodge
    Guest

    Re: O/T I know this may get me shot..........

    Aaron usually helps out on the Access side here ;-)

    Nick Hodge
    Microsoft MVP - Excel
    Southampton, England
    www.nickhodge.co.uk
    [email protected]HIS

    news:[email protected]...

  6. #6

    Re: O/T I know this may get me shot..........

    You could see a list of all the groups via google:
    http://groups.google.com/groups/dir?hl=en&sel=33554433

    I clicked through a few levels to see this.
    http://groups.google.com/groups/dir?...06877&expand=1

    But lots of these "forums" like excelforum are just gateways to usenet. They
    gobble up your messages and post them to a newsgroup. Then they gobble up

    If you're going to use the newsgroups for most anything, I've found it much
    better to just connect directly to the MS newsservers.

    Saved from a previous post:

    If you have Outlook Express installed, try clicking on these links (or copy and
    paste into MSIE).

    (and a few more for MSWord)

    (You can always connect to more later)

    Here are some links that explain it better:

    Chip Pearson has some notes written by Leonard Meads at:
    http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DirectConnect.htm

    David McRitchie's notes at:
    http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/xlnews.htm
    http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/oe6.htm
    http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/oe6nws01.htm

    Tushar Mehta's notes at:
    http://www.tushar-mehta.com/misc_tut...e_ng/index.htm

    And if you're looking for old posts:

    Or you can use google to search for stuff you've posted (and find the replies,
    too)

    http://groups.google.com/advanced_gr...Excel*&num=100

    Ron de Bruin has an excel addin that you may like:
    http://www.rondebruin.nl/Google.htm

  7. #7
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: O/T I know this may get me shot..........

    Have a browse through this list of NG's available through msnews.microsoft.com.

    http://aumha.org/nntp.htm

    You will have to be using a dedicated news reader like OE or Forte Agent.

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

  8. #8
    Forum Contributor
    Somewhere....out there.....
    Here's an Access forum that's very good:

    http://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/