Need your kind and argent help

  1. #1

    Need your kind and argent help

    Please help me I have a problem with Excel

    I’m currently running some Employee reports from SAP. All Employees have two records, the only thing that is commen is their Name … I would like to take one piece of information from one report and add it to the corresponding employee in the other report.

    For example

    Workbook 1

    Column A = Name EE
    Column B = International EE number
    Column C = Personnel area International
    Column D = Needed data from Workbook 2 = Column C (Personnel area Local) in workbook 2

    Workbook 2

    Column A = Name EE
    Column B = Local EE number
    Column C = Personnel area Local

  2. #2
    Lanka Suri
    Guest

    RE: Need your kind and argent help

    use concatenate rule. e.g., =cellno&cellno of any workbook.

  3. #3
    Toppers
    Guest

    RE: Need your kind and argent help

    In cell in Workbook 1 ,column D, row 2 (assuming row 1 isa header row):

    =VLOOKUP(A2,[Workbook2.xls]Sheet1!$A$1:$C$10,3,0) and copy down

    To allow for errors i.e. name not present in Workbook2:

    =If(iserror(VLOOKUP(A2,[Workbook2.xls]Sheet1!$A$1:$C$10,3,0)),"",VLOOKUP(A2,[Workbook2.xls]Sheet1!$A$1:$C$10,3,0))

    Where A2=Name EE

    and Workbook2 has data in columns A to C on Sheet1.

    Adjust ranges/sheet names to suit

    This assumes Workbook2 is open but it will work if Workbook2 is closed if
    you provide the full directory path.

    HTH