Variable function

  1. #1

    Variable function

    Hi,

    I'm a sales manager that has a team with a variable rate of commission. They either make telesales or sales through an appointment. If they make more than £5000 in telesales their commision goes up from 5% - 10% of their total sales. i.e. 0.05 x sum(telesale + appointment sales).

    At the moment I use a referenced worksheet on my machiene that draws on spreadsheets on the company file. I can programme the sheet to work out the percentage if it's set at 5% but is it possible to make it vary if the telesales value goes above £10'000?

    i.e. when telesales = £2000-£4999 then 0.05 x sum(telesale + appointment sales) but when telesales = >£5000 then 0.10 x sum(telesale + appointment sales)

  2. #2
    Sheila D
    Guest

    RE: Variable function

    Tom

    You can use the IF function to do this - best to put the commission rates in
    reference cells so that you can change it easily. Something like
    =IF(cellref>4999,cellref * commission rate,cellref * alternative commission
    rate) Replace cellref and commission rate with relevant Cell References

    HTH Sheila
    www.c-i-m-s.com
    MS Office training - London

  3. #3