Please help me... with Case Structure

  1. #1

    Please help me... with Case Structure

    1st post here... it's been a WHILE since I've had to do anything in excel so I am very very rusty....

    Ok, here is what my spreadsheet is doing:
    Based on the value of one cell (value is either 1, 2, 3 or 4 only), my projected cashflow for year 1 to year 10 changes.

    So if the checkvalue is 1, I need to pull certain values from a table to calculate the cashflow, and if the value is 2, I'll need to pull a different set of values for the calculation, and so forth...

    Am I on the right path here? I have no clue how to implement this...

    Please help.....

  2. #2
    Pete_UK
    Guest

    Re: Please help me... with Case Structure

    You could use a multiple IF statement, but it sounds as if VLOOKUP
    would do what you want more precisely. Read Excel Help, and if it is
    still not clear then post back with some more detail of what you want
    to do.

    Hope this helps.

    Pete

  3. #3
    you're right, vlookup works perfectly.

    I just happened to recall seeing a spreadsheet years ago with the case function, which looked a bit more elegant.

    Thanks for your help!

    Quote Originally Posted by Pete_UK

  4. #4
    Pete_UK
    Guest

    Re: Please help me... with Case Structure

    Thanks for feeding back.

    Pete