Why do all my calculations/formulas equal zero?

  1. #1
    Andy
    Guest

    Why do all my calculations/formulas equal zero?

    I've recently been upgraded to excel 2003 and when I open a file I'd been
    working on in excel 97 any formula entered has the result '0'. Even if I go
    to a blank cell and type '=1+1' the answer is still 0.

    Any ideas anyone?

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor
    format the cell where you typed =1+1 to a number with 2 decimal places and tell us what you get

  3. #3
    Andy
    Guest

    Re: Why do all my calculations/formulas equal zero?

    Tried that just says 0.00. Also I've opened a new blank file and have the
    same problems. A collegue has also created a file with a few simple sums and
    saved it, when I open this file the answers display correctly however if i
    add any new calculations the answer is zero.

  4. #4
    Sheila D
    Guest

    RE: Why do all my calculations/formulas equal zero?

    Is it set for Manual calculation? Check the Tools, Options, Calculation tab

    Sheila
    www.c-i-m-s.com
    MS Office training - London

  5. #5
    Andy
    Guest

    Re: Why do all my calculations/formulas equal zero?

    It's ok now it seems to work. One of my collegues logged into my machine and
    it worked for them and when I logged back in it was working again.