generate form from excel data

  1. #1

    generate form from excel data

    Hi guys, my first post here. I'm somewhat familiar with programming.

    My problem is (maybe I'm just silly) that I want to generate a form with the data from an excel row. I'm just making the simplest of order-handling systems. We get orders in by mail/phone/fax etc, fill in the appropriate lines in an excel sheet, and the I'd like to be able to print out a very simple invoice from this, preferably by using a button in the last column, or better by checking the lines I want for the invoice and then generating it. The invoice is quite basic, currently a word document, and it's no problem if we need to restructure this.

    Any ideas about how to do this?

    Best regards

  2. #2
    Jim Jackson
    Guest

    RE: generate form from excel data

    I would go the route of creating an Access database. The input form would
    have the cells for information and a report could be created in Invoice
    design.

    More importantly, with the database constructed relationally, all activity
    for each customer would be easily seen together.

    If you want to go this route and are not familiar with building a database,
    email me the names of the fields to be populated and I will put together
    something to see if you can make use of it.
    --
    Best wishes,

    Jim

  3. #3

    Thumbs up I'll go for access - methinks

    I did consider this, and started in excel to keep it simple and quick. It might only be used for a week or two. But as you obviously concluded (I should have too), a quick access base is probably better. I've got it covered, but thanks for the offer, very helpful.