Count, Countif, Sumif??

  1. #1

    Count, Countif, Sumif??

    Right I've got a table that contains a lot of text that i need to summarse in another table. Its really just two columns the first contains a group name and the second a result. What I need to work out is the number of times the result occurs for each group. But every work sheet function I've entered fails.

  2. #2
    Arvi Laanemets
    Guest

    Re: Count, Countif, Sumif??

    Hi

    =SUMPRODUCT(--(GroupRange=GroupName),--(ResultRange=ResultValue))

    Arvi Laanemets

    "benjam_in" <[email protected]> wrote
    in message news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    John Michl
    Guest

    Re: Count, Countif, Sumif??

    Try the pivot table wizard. This is a great way to summarize and count
    when you've got multiple groups.

    - John

  4. #4
    Tried that didnt seem to work, got #NUM! error. Both the group and the results are text.

  5. #5
    Marcelo
    Guest

    Re: Count, Countif, Sumif??

    assuming that your data is on Sheet2!a2:b100

    =sumproduct(--(a2:a100="group")*(b2:100))

    hth
    regards from Brazil
    Marcelo

  6. #6
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Count, Countif, Sumif??

    I have responded with an example on OzGrid. No need to post all over the
    place.

    Bob Phillips