+ Reply to Thread

Images inside . . I need to Flip Columns, to Rows & Visa Versa?? SIMPLE RIGHT? :(

Images inside . . I need to Flip Columns, to Rows & Visa Versa?? SIMPLE RIGHT? :(

I am needing to generate client lists, and I need a way that avoids manually editing 8,000 + records 10 times over, I know there is going to be allot of manual editing, but I need to get a step closer so I don't have to edit each Company record 6 times to complete my objective.

So!!!!

Is there a function, or a macro to make something like this :

\1

Look like this?

\1

please help.

Ill check the forum when I can, please email me to notify that you have an answer if you can find the time : [email protected]

MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2013

Response

If you past the following into cell C1

=INDIRECT("A" & 1+(12 *(INT((CELL("Row",C1)-1)))+CELL("Col",C1)-3))

and copy the formula across the 11 columns to the right and then all 12 cells in the row down as far as you need, you should get what you want.
    Martin

To make this work properly, each data set has to be the same length correct?

i.e : 5 rows containing information and 1 without before the next set of data?

MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2013

Response

That's right. I had understood that your data repeated every 12 rows, hence the 12 in the formula. If its only 6 use

=INDIRECT("A" & 1+(6 *(INT((CELL("Row",C1)-1)))+CELL("Col",C1)-3))

instead.

If the number of rows varies, you could still achieve what you want by macro but you would have to have a way of working out which row went into which column.

Quote Originally Posted by mrice
    That's right. I had understood that your data repeated every 12 rows, hence the 12 in the formula. If its only 6 use

=INDIRECT("A" & 1+(6 *(INT((CELL("Row",C1)-1)))+CELL("Col",C1)-3))

instead.

If the number of rows varies, you could still achieve what you want by macro but you would have to have a way of working out which row went into which column.
    So how can i save the rendered text after its copied itself over to the next columns

Quote Originally Posted by onlythebest
    So how can i save the rendered text after its copied itself over to the next columns

I have figured out how to run this macro very to allmost 90% perfection.. thank you so much for your assistnace

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information