Average Time Difference

  1. #1

    Average Time Difference

    I have a deadline time entered as 10:11 in B7. In c7 through s7 I have the actual times, i.e. 10:06. In most instances the deadline was met, but in a few it was not. I'd like to have the average time variance between the deadline and the actual. I'm not very sophisticated in formulas, so my way would probably involve a string that's far too long. Is there a simple way to do this?

    Thanks,

    Jon

  2. #2
    pdberger
    Guest

    RE: Average Time Difference

    Jonhunt --

    Simple approach, not very elegant:

    Cell C8: =$b$7-c7

    Then copy from C8 out to S8.

    Cell T8: =VARP(C8:S8)

    HTH

  3. #3
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Average Time Difference

    Jon,

    Not clear whether over and under are treated the same or not, but try this

    =AVERAGE(IF(C7:S7<>"",ABS(B7-C7:S7)))

    which is an array formula, it should be committed with Ctrl-Shift-Enter, not
    just Enter.

    Bob Phillips

    "jonhunt" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...

  4. #4

    I may have it

    I couldn't get either of these to work, but I did take the $b$7-c7 and copy it out and then just averaged the results.

  5. #5
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Average Time Difference