+ Reply to Thread

Excel Help Needed

Excel Help Needed

Hi all,

I am looking for formulation/organizational advice for a database of over 3000 MLB Baseball games. This database would break down each game based on 7 different factors that are evident in some games and abscent in others...

What I am looking to do is to create a formula that resembles a "choose your own adventure" sort of scenario...For example, If i wanted to immediatly view all the games in the database that exhibited 1 factor, say "Games where home team won by 5 or more," then I could easily view all of those games... Then, it would have the capability to go deeper, say now I only wanted to view "Games where home team won by 5 or more and away team got 6 or less hits"...Etc...

This is the breakdown I am looking for.. So, if you could help me with just the formulation part of this database project, I would be very appreciative..

-Chase

Forum Contributor

Database

It seems to me that you should use a database such as Access that has SQL capabilities to make your 7 selections.
    Best regards,

Ray

Forum Contributor
    use the sumproduct function to count only those criteria you are interested in - thus by certain teams only, certain dates only, certain criteria only - you can even have a drop down list or lists that allow you to analyse your data.

Forum Expert
    MS-Off Ver
    Have a look at filtering, you may me able to put your criteria in there and do it

Regards

Dav

Forum Contributor

Database

Perhaps you entered your database in Excel. You can easily transfer it to Access with a Copy from Excel to a Paste in Access. It works quite well!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information