Large spreadsheet-multiple users-password protected-filtered

  1. #1

    Large spreadsheet-multiple users-password protected-filtered

    Scenerio:
    I have one large spreadsheet that I created for all the leads I receive for 12 outside sales reps.
    What I want to do:
    I want to have this spreadsheet on our shared drive but have it so that if an outside sales rep logs in with his specified password that he only see's his own leads.
    Currently doing:
    Cutting and pasting to seperate workbooks so that they only can see their information and emailing to them.
    Problem:
    Lots of time used to cut and paste

    Question:
    Is there a way that excel can do this? Multiple users all having access to one spreadsheet with all information but only seeing their information.

  2. #2
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Large spreadsheet-multiple users-password protected-filtered

    Could be done using some extensive VBA to hide/unhide sheets dependent upon the
    logged in user.

    But this would be an exercise in futility because Excel is not a very secure
    application and if users disabled macros, you would need more code to overcome
    that eventuality.

    The rule is..........if the data is in a workbook, it is not secure from prying
    eyes.

    Have you thought about linking the master workbook to each reps' workbook?

    Or just using a filter to show rep # 1's material then copying just the visible
    cells and pasting to the body of an email.

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

  3. #3
    Kooster
    Guest

    Re: Large spreadsheet-multiple users-password protected-filtered

    This is well-suited as a Web app.

    Try this: http://tracker.jot.com/

    P.
    --