Overtime Calculation???

  1. #1

    Exclamation Overtime Calculation???

    Help!!! I can't workout how to do an overtime calculation if a standard day was 7.5 hours (7 1/2 hours) and they work on a bank hol I want it to state that they have worked double time in hours worked that day??

  2. #2
    Marcelo
    Guest

    RE: Overtime Calculation???

    http://www.cpearson.com/excel/overtime.htm

    try this

    hth
    regards from Brazil
    Marcelo

  3. #3
    Gary Brown
    Guest

    RE: Overtime Calculation???

    Need more information.
    - Does the Holiday Pay start at midnight?
    - Does the Holiday Pay start at shift-change (for example: 11pm the night
    before?)
    - Does the employee need to work x # of hours on the holiday before the
    Holiday Pay kicks in?
    - Does the employee get Holiday Pay if the shift is mostly in the previous
    day / the following day?
    - Does typical OT start after 7.5 hours?
    - Does typical OT start after 8.0 hours?
    - Does typical OT start after 35 hours?
    - Does typical OT start after 40 hours?
    - Does the employee get triple pay for work after x hours [7.5 / 8.0] on a
    Holiday?

    That said, the simplest formula is...
    Assuming the hours worked are in cell A1...
    =A1x2

    --
    HTH,
    Gary Brown

  4. #4

    Overtime Calc!!!

    Hi,

    Ahh...

    What I want maybe didn't explain properly(usual). I have a drop down box in a cell to say if it's a Bank Hol and it automatically calc's that day as a normal hour working day, when I don't add the time in and out but I want it to calculate if it's a bank hol the hours put in if is worked...

    I have attached what I've been working on if anyone can help
    Attached Files Attached Files