Is there a way to vlookup and keep format?

  1. #1

    Is there a way to vlookup and keep format?

    Hi, I'm looking for a way to do vlookup, and I want to keep the format in argument 3 (where argument 3 in "=vlookup(A2,MyLookup,2,0)" is "2")

  2. #2
    Jim Thomlinson
    Guest

    RE: Is there a way to vlookup and keep format?

    Nope... VLookup is a function and functions can ONLY return values. They can
    not modify formats or other settings. This is just as true of built in
    functions as it is of user defined functions...
    --
    HTH...

    Jim Thomlinson

  3. #3
    Hmm, in that case, anyone have a VBA code or such that would vlookup and keep format?

  4. #4
    Tim Williams
    Guest

    Re: Is there a way to vlookup and keep format?

    Not using a formula - you'd have to use VBA to search for the match and copy/paste the return value

    Tim

    news:[email protected]...