copy column and header names from existing spreadsheet to new spre

  1. #1
    lbierer
    Guest

    copy column and header names from existing spreadsheet to new spre

    I need help coping all column and header info brought over from one
    spreadsheet to another with out copying and pasting everything. Is this
    possible and how do you do it?

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor
    Pakistan
    Posts
    1,791

    Lightbulb

    which info you want to put in new sheet and which you want to skip, please explain in detail alongwith the format of your data.

  3. #3
    JLatham
    Guest

    RE: copy column and header names from existing spreadsheet to new spre

    Like starguy, I'm a little uncertain of exactly what you are trying to do.
    Are you working within a single Excel workbook, or between 2 or more of them?

    No matter, give this a try:
    Choose the existing sheet that has things set up the way you want (you can
    even choose several sheets at once, search Help for Group) then from the menu
    bar, choose Edit | Move or Copy Sheet and check the [Make Copy] option.
    Then, just pick where to put them, in the same book, or in another that is
    also open, or even into a brand new book and click OK and you're done. You
    can then go to the copied sheets and delete any information you don't want on
    them to start fresh.

    The [Make Copy] option makes a copy, leaving the originals right where they
    were, if you don't choose that option then the sheets are literally moved
    (like a Cut operation). If you copy them into the same workbook they will
    get a little indicator added to their names. For example, a sheet named
    'Sheet1' copied into the same book will be given the name 'Sheet1 (1)' the
    first time it's copied, 'Sheet1 (2)' the second time, etc. The original
    sheet will not have its name changed.

    If this isn't what you were looking for, let us know and we'll try to help
    again.