Viewing multiple spreadsheets

  1. #1
    Mike Knoblock
    Guest

    Viewing multiple spreadsheets

    I have Excel 2003 Professional. I'd like to look at two spreadsheets at a
    time, but each in its own window. Excel defaults to opening each new
    spreadsheet as another workbook in the current window. If each were in its
    own window, I could have one spreadsheet on the left monitor, and the other
    on the right monitor.

    Thanks for any help!!

    Mike

  2. #2
    gls858
    Guest

    Re: Viewing multiple spreadsheets

    Mike Knoblock wrote:
    > I have Excel 2003 Professional. I'd like to look at two spreadsheets at a
    > time, but each in its own window. Excel defaults to opening each new
    > spreadsheet as another workbook in the current window. If each were in its
    > own window, I could have one spreadsheet on the left monitor, and the other
    > on the right monitor.
    >
    > Thanks for any help!!
    >
    > Mike

    Start Excel twice. With two instance of Excel open call up your sheets
    one in each window.

    gls858

  3. #3
    Mike Knoblock
    Guest

    Re: Viewing multiple spreadsheets

    Yipes. Sure enough. thanks.

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Chip Pearson
    Guest

    Re: Viewing multiple spreadsheets

    Resize your Excel application window to cover both monitors. The
    open your workbooks and go to the Window menu and choose Arrange.

    --
    Cordially,
    Chip Pearson

    news:[email protected]...

  5. #5
    gls858

    Mike Knoblock wrote:
    > Yipes. Sure enough. thanks.
    >

    > "gls858" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >> Mike Knoblock wrote:
    >>> I have Excel 2003 Professional. I'd like to look at two spreadsheets at
    >>> a time, but each in its own window. Excel defaults to opening each new
    >>> spreadsheet as another workbook in the current window. If each were in
    >>> its own window, I could have one spreadsheet on the left monitor, and
    >>> the other on the right monitor.
    >>>
    >>> Thanks for any help!!
    >>>
    >>> Mike

    >> Start Excel twice. With two instance of Excel open call up your sheets
    >> one in each window.
    >>
    >> gls858

    No problem. Sometimes the really easy solutions are the hardest ones
    to see :-)

    gls858

  6. #6
    after installing MO Pro 2003, I had the same frustrations. I also run mutliple monitors and find it easier when excel opens a workbook in its own window.

    the solutions provided both work (thank you), but is there a more efficient solution to having four seperate windows for each workbook without having to open Excel four seperate times before opening the specific workbooks. (i prefer not to strech the excel workspace across all four monitors as sometimes I will have other applicatios open behind excel that switch to while still wanting to work with one or two excel workbooks).

    My preference would be to simply click on the file names of the excel files I wanted to open in seperate windows without having to open excel four times and then selecting the right file for each window.

    thanks