Checkbox & Combo Box help

  1. #1

    Checkbox & Combo Box help

    I just started working as an intern for a building contractor and was given this assignment. When people are having a house built, they need to choose different options and upgrades. One of the upgrades is for paint. I have very little experience with excel but managed to get most of it to work with functions and links but now I'm stuck. After a couple weeks of digging into the help features and having only suffered two nervous breakdowns, I've almost got it figured out!... but I need help on a couple things.

    If a client is choosing different upgrade features and has for instance, chosen the Master Bedroom in Red, both the master bedroom checkbox would be checked and the combo box would be set to red. Now, if the client decides to go with the standard features, they would then click the option button for "Standard Features". Here's the problem: The Checkbox and Combo box for the Master bedroom doesn't reset. Does anybody know a macro, link, function or any other way to make it so that once somebody changes their mind and goes back to standard features, all the upgraded features reset to the unchecked state and the "Choose Color" state?

    Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

    Thank you!
    Attached Files Attached Files

  2. #2
    FSt1
    Guest

    RE: Checkbox & Combo Box help

    hi,
    you will have to add code to EACH checkbox to uncheck other checkboxes. this
    could get complcated depending on how may check boxes you have and how many
    configurations you can have. but here is simple code for 2 check boxes. as
    one is checked, the other is unchecked.
    Private Sub CheckBox1_Click()
    If CheckBox1.Value = True Then
    CheckBox2.Value = False

    Private Sub CheckBox2_Click()
    If CheckBox2.Value = True Then
    CheckBox1.Value = False

    this may not solve your whole problem but maybe it will get you started
    regards
    FSt1

  3. #3
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Checkbox & Combo Box help

    You have that option button linked to a non-existent macro called
    OptionButton13_Click.

    Add this code to a standard code module

    Sub StandardFeatures()
    With ActiveSheet
    For Each cb In .CheckBoxes
    cb.Value = False
    Next cb
    For Each dd In .DropDowns
    If dd.Name <> "Drop Down 59" Then
    dd.ListIndex = 1
    End If
    Next dd
    End With
    End Sub

    assign this macto to the Standard Features button, and you are away.

    BTW, you would do well to rename all the CBs, Combos and buttons to
    meaningful names, it aids programming.

    Bob Phillips

    "Sweetpea" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Thank you sooo much Bob, that was exactly what I needed!! It worked beautifully.
    Thank you both for your suggestions and speedy response! It is greatly appreciated!!!!!!