Countif

  1. #1
    Harry
    Guest

    Countif

    How do I do a Countif of cells A1:G1 to check if they are equal to or less
    than the value in cell A5.

    TIA
    Harry

  2. #2
    Forum Expert
    England
    MS-Off Ver
    1,500
    =COUNTIF(A1:G1,"<="&A5)

    Regards

    Dav

  3. #3
    Harry
    Guest

    Re: Countif

    Thanks for replying but that only works if A1:G1 equals A% and doesn't aloow
    for any cell in the range being less than A5

    harry

    "starguy" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Alan
    Guest

    Re: Countif

    =COUNTIF(A1:G1,"<="&A5)
    Regards,
    Alan.
    news:[email protected]...

  5. #5
    Forum Expert
    England
    MS-Off Ver
    1,500
    Two of us have come up with the same solution are your sure it does not work?
    If A5 is text and not the value in cell a5 COUNTIF(A1:G1,"<=A5")

    Regards

    Dav

  6. #6
    Forum Contributor
    Pakistan
    Posts
    1,791

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by Dav
    If A5 is text and not the value in cell a5 COUNTIF(A1:G1,"<=A5")
    Regards
    Dav
    < this sign can only be used for numbers not for text.
    =COUNTIF(A1:G1,"<=A5") this should work right.