VBA+API refresh userForm

  1. #1
    Greg
    Guest

    VBA+API refresh userForm

    Using Show with vbModeless parameter I can change chart which I try to
    modify.
    How can I refresh my userForm to show parameters current chart (e.i.
    size). Of course, it is possible to use button which loads up the
    settings for the currently selected shape and displays them. But I need
    to do it automatically, without button. Maybe API can help to do it but
    I didn't find out any examples.
    Can you help me?

    Greg

  2. #2
    NickHK
    Guest

    Re: VBA+API refresh userForm

    Greg,
    You still need to activate the code from some event.
    What is changing that you need to refresh ?
    I don't understand the connection between your userForm and "the currently
    selected shape".

    NickHK

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Greg
    Guest

    Re: VBA+API refresh userForm

    NickHK napisal(a):
    > Greg,
    > You still need to activate the code from some event.
    > What is changing that you need to refresh ?
    > I don't understand the connection between your userForm and "the currently
    > selected shape".

    I need to refresh userForm because chart or series on chart is
    changing.
    For example, I need to show size "new" chart but I don't want to press
    any button.

    ModelessForm.zip (http://www.oaltd.co.uk/Excel/SBXLPage.asp) is almost
    what I want to achieve but working with cells, not chart.

    Greg

  4. #4
    Forum Moderator Leith Ross's Avatar
    San Francisco, Ca
    MS-Off Ver
    2000, 2003, & 2010
    Posts
    23,258
    Hello Greg,

    At the appropriate point in your code add this line. Change USerForm1 to the name of your form.

    UserForm1.Repaint

    You may see a little flicker when it refreshes the form.

    Sincerely,
    Leith Ross

  5. #5
    NickHK
    Guest

    Re: VBA+API refresh userForm

    Greg,
    How do you put your chart on the userform ?
    If the data behind a chart changes, then the Worksheet_Change event fires.
    This can be update trigger.