Keyboard shortcuts

  1. #1

    Keyboard shortcuts

    Two questions. Does anyone know how to get into the formula bar to edit a formula without using the mouse. Is there a keyboard shortcut to enter the formula bar to start editing the contents? Second question. Does anyone know the Mac shortcut for the above?

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor
    Pakistan
    Posts
    1,791

    Lightbulb

    press F2 to edit cell contents.

    Quote Originally Posted by Greka

  3. #3
    JE McGimpsey
    Guest

    Re: Keyboard shortcuts

    By default: CTRL-u

    But in MacXL, you can assign your own keyboard shortcuts, so you can
    make it nearly anything you want (Tools/Customize/Customize Keyboard...).

  4. #4
    Marcelo
    Guest

    RE: Keyboard shortcuts

    Hi Greka,

    on PC's the keyboard shortcut is F2, the excel default is edit directly on
    the cell, but you can change it on Tools | options | Edit and unchek the box

    hth
    regards from Brazil
    Marcelo

  5. #5

    Many thanks you guys

    It's amazing. After spending half a day pressing all the possible key combinations (or so I thought) and reading through no end of help screens I got nowhere. But now it is sorted.

    Thanks again

  6. #6
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Keyboard shortcuts

    That is amazing

    When I select help and "keyboard shortcuts" I get a list of all shortcut keys in
    Excel.

    Under "Edit Data" is the F2 key.

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP