Remove white spaces in Back

  1. #1
    dziw
    Guest

    Remove white spaces in Back

    Hi
    I used =trim(A1) to remove for the front space and it works. Is there a way to remove the back space after the characters in column.

  2. #2
    CLR
    Guest

    RE: Remove white spaces in Back

    ASAP Utilities, a free Add-in available at www.asap-utilities.com has
    features that will do this for you easily..

    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABGx3

  3. #3
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Remove white spaces in Back

    The TRIM function removes leading and trailing spaces but not spaces between
    words or separate strings in a cell.

    Why do you think you still have trailing spaces after using TRIM?

    Try this in A1......enter 3 spaces then qwerty then 3 more spaces.

    In B1 enter =LEN(A1) should return 10

    In A2 enter =TRIM(A1)

    In B2 enter =LEN(A2) should return 6

    If you are not getting rid of the trailing spaces, perhaps they are HTML
    non-breaking spaces....CHAR(160)

    You can try edit>replace

    what: ALT + 0160(from the numpad)

    with: nothing