Closed Thread
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Delete Cells not Available

  1. #1

    Delete Cells not Available

    I am trying to delete cells in a spreadsheet but the option is not
    available. It will allow me to delete rows or columns but not cells.
    Any thoughts on this?

  2. #2
    bigwheel
    Guest

    RE: Delete Cells not Available

    As a spreadsheet works as a grid of rows and columns I don't thinks it is
    possible to delete an individual cell. You can delete the contents of the
    cell or the whole row or column containing the cell.

  3. #3
    Anna
    Guest

    RE: Delete Cells not Available

    Would it be converted from a lotus 1-2-3 file. Maybe the cell is protected.

  4. #4
    T Kirtley
    Guest

    RE: Delete Cells not Available

    Just press the Delete key on your keyboard or use one of the 'Clear' options
    on the Edit menu to delete the contents of cell(s). The Delete command on
    the Edit menu relates to rows or columns.

    HTH,

    TK

  5. #5
    Forum Contributor
    no. you should definitely be able to delete a selected range of cells.

    ctrl-'-' without the single quotes will delete the area you have selected whether it be a row or a column. It should give you an option to shift the cells in what direction to fill up the gap.

    The only thing I can think of vena is that your sheet must be protected...

  6. #6

    MDubbelboer wrote:
    > no. you should definitely be able to delete a selected range of cells.
    >
    > ctrl-'-' without the single quotes will delete the area you have
    > selected whether it be a row or a column. It should give you an option
    > to shift the cells in what direction to fill up the gap.
    >
    > The only thing I can think of vena is that your sheet must be
    > protected...
    >

    > --
    > MDubbelboer
    > MDubbelboer's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36330