Sumif with multiple criteria

  1. #1

    Sumif with multiple criteria

    I have a set of raw data that's huge. 4 columns are relevant for my question: Quantity, Category, Style, Size. I need a formula that tells me the following:

    Look for Category X and Style Y and Size Z. Give the sum of all occurences in the Quantity column where X, Y and Z occur simultaneously.

    Is this possible? Thanks in advance for help!

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor
    =SUMPRODUCT((x1:x999="category")*(y1:y999="style")*(z1:z999="size")*(w1:w999)

    assume 999 lines and that "category" is replaced by your criteria for category, etc.
    these criteria can also be references to cells

    http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.SUMPRODUCT.html for more info

  3. #3
    Dave
    Guest

    Re: Sumif with multiple criteria

    jn77

    =SUMPRODUCT(--((Category rng)=X),--((Style rng)=Y),--((Size rng)=Z),Quantity
    rng)

    replace rng with your range. Note all 4 ranges must be the same size.

    Dave

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Bondi

    jn77 wrote:
    > I have a set of raw data that's huge. 4 columns are relevant for my
    > question: Quantity, Category, Style, Size. I need a formula that
    > tells me the following:
    >
    > Look for Category X and Style Y and Size Z. Give the sum of all
    > occurences in the Quantity column where X, Y and Z occur
    > simultaneously.
    >
    > Is this possible? Thanks in advance for help!
    >

    > --
    > jn77
    > jn77's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36547
    > View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=563019

    Hi,

    Maybe you can use SUMPRODUCT(). Something like:

    =SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A100="X"),--(B1:B100="Y"),--(C1:C100="Z"),D1:D100)

    Where Category is in Column A, Style in B, Size in Z and Quantity in D.

    Regards,
    Bondi

  5. #5

    Still doesn't work....

    First, thank you for your responses.
    I've tried all the formulas each of you have offered, and none of them work.
    Does the data have to be organized in chronological order or anything like that like with vlookups?

    Thanks!

  6. #6
    Forum Contributor
    My coworker added a dsum formula.

    i've included an example spreadsheet to show you how both are working

    note that i2,j2,k2 are fully changeable and can be blank to include all
    Attached Files Attached Files