What formula!?!?!

  1. #1

    What formula!?!?!

    Hi to All,

    First of all sorry for my english...

    I need help with a formula in excel. I have in one sheet several columns with data. Imagine that in column A I have a code and in column F I have a value. I need in sheet number 2 the total of values of the codes that finish in some values. Example:
    Sheet 1
    Code ---- Value
    AB123 -----2
    AC123 -----3
    AB133 -----6
    AA124 -----1
    AB124 -----8

    Sheet 2
    Semi-code-----Total
    123-------------5
    133-------------6
    124-------------9

    This semicode can be hard coded or the right 3 digits of Code.

    Thank you very much

    JK

  2. #2
    Die_Another_Day
    Guest

    Re: What formula!?!?!

    Place this in Column B of sheet 2:
    =SUMPRODUCT((RIGHT(Sheet1!A1:A6,3)=TEXT(Sheet2!A1,"000"))*(Sheet1!B1:B6))
    You must use defined ranges, A:A and B:B do not work with SumProduct.

    HTH

    Die_Another_Day

  3. #3

    Urgent

    Thanks for your reply, but it didn't work. Maybe I did some confusion...

    In sheet 1 I have something like 30000 codes and values.
    In sheet 2 I have some subtotals of the codes but these subtotals were calculated in other place (an aplication). Now I need to verify that the results are correct. So I need to sum the values of sheet 1 if the right(code,3) is equal to the sheet 2 code. I need to have this ready in 1 hour... can anybody please help me??

    Thanks

    JK